Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Parents:
I know there are kids wanting to write this but time runs out and I forget to have them write.  The day is just too fast.

We have had a great day.  DIBELS testing was done today.  This is a reading test given to each student to better evaluate each them.  It will help us find kids that are struggling and be sure to keep track of them throughout the year.  Because of testing, we were not able to have Science.  We did a little Art instead.

The students are really starting to learn the routine and know where to be.  Yeah for them!

In Math today we studied time.  Specifically we talk about half past an hour.  This is something that does not come naturally to me just as left and right don't.  (Now ask me where something is north, south, east, and west and I have it!)  I told the students I am terrible at clocks and really have to think when I name the hands.  We giggled a lot today.  And yes, I can tell time, just so we are clear. ;)  I really think that it is important to let students see that even adults struggle with concepts and we all make mistakes.

Hopefully, the students will help me remember to blog at the end of the day before recess.

Mrs. Matthies

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time for the blog. Everything will fall into place with the schedule. Thanks also for the ideas with Mattie she seems to love the clipboard idea, 5 minutes for homework tonight!! We will definitely be making our own. My older daughter likes the idea also. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are moving right along :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete